Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Mount Holyoke College. As of Monday, March 15, 2021, new vacancies are publicized on our new site, careers.mtholyoke.edu. If you are interested in viewing and applying for career opportunities, please access the new site.
If you applied for a position prior to March 15, 2021, and need to update your application, please continue to use this site.
The Human Resources and Dean of Faculty Teams are here to support you during your career search. If you have any questions, please follow up with the Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 413-538-2503 and the Dean of Faculty Office at 413-538-3093 or email at email@example.com
Culinary Assistant-1st & 2nd Shift (#971)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Dining Services
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
This is a 33-week academic year position September – May. Services may not be required when school is not in session. (I.e. fall, mid-semester break, Thanksgiving recess, December recess, January term, mid-semester spring break).
- Sets up, prepares, garnishes, and replenishes all items in their respective stations, to include beverage area if part of their station.
- Insures all food labels and menu signage are in place and accurate before each meal.
- Maintains food & beverage supplies for all meals.
- Uses standardized recipes in the preparation of food.
- May prepare vegetables & cook pasta for use in soups, casseroles, etc.
- Responsible for recording and accuracy of Time & Temp logs and service records
- Compliant in accuracy of records/system for any future implementation of dining programs
- Assists in and uses proper procedures for receiving and storing orders.
- Refrigerates and / or stores all food left at the end of the meal following proper food storage and handling procedures.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area and keeps utensils and equipment clean and in good working order.
- Responsible for preparing and recording amounts of food as designated by computer production sheets.
- May assist with weekly inventory.
- Routinely lifts/moves an average of up to 30 pounds & up to 50 with assistance.
- Provides direction to student staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years experience in preparation of food in quantity in a college or high volume, quality restaurant.
- Must have general knowledge of food and operation of kitchen equipment.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and orally, with a sound understanding of the English language.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination without restrictions.
- Customer Service: Maintains an extraordinarily positive attitude in dealing with student and public.
- Must be able to give direction and instruct others.
- Requires good knife skills.
- Willingness to participate in a Serv Safe class to obtain Food Protection Manager Certification is required.
- Must be cooperative and willing to work with others.
- ServSafe certified or willing to take and pass ServSefe course.
- Must be neat in appearance and work habits, and must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law.
- Must comply with proper dress code as designated by Department.
The position will entail a (40) hour a week commetment.
Effective January 1, 2020 all new hires will be required to complete the background check process prior to commencing their Service Activity (employment) with the College. All offers of employment and continued employment at Mount Holyoke College are contingent upon satisfactory results of thorough background checks. For additional information about the Mount Holyoke College Background Check Policy, please visit Background Checks.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is a women's college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.