Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Mount Holyoke College. As of Monday, March 15, 2021, new vacancies are publicized on our new site, careers.mtholyoke.edu. If you are interested in viewing and applying for career opportunities, please access the new site.
If you applied for a position prior to March 15, 2021, and need to update your application, please continue to use this site.
The Human Resources and Dean of Faculty Teams are here to support you during your career search. If you have any questions, please follow up with the Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 413-538-2503 and the Dean of Faculty Office at 413-538-3093 or email at email@example.com
Associate Director of Clubs and Affinity Groups (#978)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Alumnae Association
- Search Status:
- Search Suspended - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
Department Summary: The Alumnae Association of Mount Holyoke College is a non-profit, independent organization providing diverse programs, expertise, and resources to foster lifelong learning and empower alumnae to connect with each other and the College. Job Purpose: to develop the strategy for and guide, support, and build a vibrant and engaged global network of Mount Holyoke alumnae through regional clubs and affinity groups both virtually and in person.
Duties and responsibilities The associate director of clubs and affinity groups is responsible for:
● developing an annual strategy for affinity groups and clubs with support from the director of alumnae engagement and strategic initiatives
● using data-informed decisions to choose, develop and support affinity groups for Mount Holyoke alumnae based on interest, geography, identity, and career
● planning and implementing of regional and affinity events in targeted geographies
● developing and implementing a webinar program for affinity groups in collaboration with the associate director for digital engagement
● liaising between clubs and the communications team
● delivering online tools, trainings, event ideas and resources for regional clubs
● partnering with alumnae association board committee on implementing volunteer training strategy for clubs and groups
● overseeing connections platform and other digital platforms for clubs and affinity groups
● developing replicable events and programs that clubs and groups can easily use
● collaborating with assistant director for off-campus events for all off-campus events for affinity groups and clubs, including international programming
● collaborating with campus partners including advancement, career development center and student organizations
● ensuring that program delivery and outcomes are consistent with the Alumnae Association’s ongoing investment in diversity, equity, and inclusion
● supporting other signature on-campus events including reunion
● other duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 Years of experience in a role that has high regard for exceptional customer relations supporting constituents virtually.
● Experience using online learning platforms
● Outstanding public speaking and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals from diverse communities.
● Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with diverse constituents in this external-facing role
● Strong strategic planning and implementation skills and must be able to lead efforts in setting priorities and meeting goals
● Effective volunteer manager with the ability to recruit, train, engage, and lead volunteers towards meeting shared goals.
● Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to handle diversified tasks concurrently.
● Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), webinar platforms and database management.
● Ability to work with highly confidential information.
● Evening and weekend hours are involved and the ability to travel is required.
● Preferred experience in alumnae relations or events management.
● Experience working with international communities is a plus.
Working Conditions Evening and weekend work is required (minimum 3 weekends per year). Travel up to 25% of the time.
Physical Demands If the job is physically demanding, this should be stated in the job description. A physically demanding job is one where the incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth.
Direct reports None – possibly student workers
Special Instructions for Applicants Apply online by the application deadline. Application materials must include 1) a cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications, 2) a complete resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) contact information for 3 professional references.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement Mount Holyoke College complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Department at 413 538-2503. Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first-generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Effective January 1, 2020 all new hires will be required to complete the background check process prior to commencing their Service Activity (employment) with the College. All offers of employment and continued employment at Mount Holyoke College are contingent upon satisfactory results of thorough background checks. For additional information about the Mount Holyoke College Background Check Policy, please visit Background Checks.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is a women's college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.