Senior Investment Analyst/ Associate Director Position (#992)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in President's Office
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
The Investment Office invests and oversees the Mount Holyoke College endowment. The endowment is a key institutional resource and supports a quarter of the operating budget. The endowment stands at close to $800 million. The Senior Investment Analyst/Associate Director position would work in close collaboration with the Chief Investment Officer to invest and oversee investment strategies and relationships across multiple asset classes. The Senior Investment Analyst/Associate Director position will be responsible for producing high quality work, including material that is readily presentable to constituencies inside and outside of the Investment Office. In addition, this position will have an opportunity to significantly contribute to building out the new office resources. The Mount Holyoke College Investment Office is located in the Metro/Boston area.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Aid in determining overall portfolio strategy, including broad asset allocation decisions and strategies unique to each asset class
- Source and evaluate investment opportunities across asset classes
- Evaluate, monitor and manage existing relationships in the endowment portfolio
- Provide input on investment decisions regarding the hiring and retention of managers across asset classes
- Lead or co-lead due diligence on external investment funds, conduct analytics and reference calls
- Lead special projects and areas of research
- Prepare and deliver oral and written investment reports and proposals
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Political Science or a related field with a record of high academic achievement
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills: demonstrated command of written communication and strong business writing skills; ability and willingness to engage in conversation with internal and external parties
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity and initiative
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Strong demonstrated interest in investments and capital markets
- Knowledge and interest in a diverse range of investment strategies
- Excellent problem-solving, analytic and quantitative skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to establish credibility within the office and College community, and with representatives of external managers and service providers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and deliver results in a demanding setting
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Minimum two years of working experience
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.